Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Spiritual Food 1509


In This Supreme Moment Of Need For The Church, The One Who Should Speak Will Fall Silent”!
(Our Lady of Good Success in Quito, Ecuador, on January 20, 1610).


Dear Friends,

My reflection for this month is an article that I recently published on my blog:
“The False Pope Will Fall Silent”

- - - - - - -

An Experience of Life:

Attracted by the shop windows and with some planning to revamp my wardrobe (I have to be dressed well, both for work and because I like to dress well), I was preparing to enter the store to buy two pairs of name-brand shoes, one pair to wear with my brown outfit and the other with my grey outfit.

Suddenly, I remembered a request for help that I read about in the latest issue of a Catholic magazine that I always read: a person described the poor conditions in which he lived along with his family, asking for help. His suffering for a moment became my suffering. I had talked about this with my wife, and vaguely between us we had considered to help out. I am wealthy and so my comfortable life continues, full of certainty, until the day that I looked in that shop window.

As I was about to enter, a sense of shame came over me. I said so myself, here you are now ready to spend only for your vanity a certain amount of money which could be of use to that family…

Instead of entering the store, I called my wife on the phone. We decided to transfer the money that was equal to the cost of the two pairs of shoes in the window, to that person, by way of the magazine ‘The Living City’. I did not buy the shoes.

C.D., Italia

- - - - - - - -

Father Joseph Dwight


No comments:

Post a Comment