Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spiritual Food 1605


Dear friends,


For this month I offer you that which I prepared in my article:


Is the Pope Catholic? - The Greatest Schism in Catholic Church History!




- - - - - - -


An Experience of Life


One day at school, a friend of mine came to tell me that a guy was going to beat me up... I was a bit surprised because I did not know the reason for all of this. But I tried not to think about it. On the way home on the subway, I realized that the guy who wanted to beat me up was sitting in front of me. Seeing me he came over and gave me a slap very strong. I felt a lot of anger inside of me, because he had hit me without any reason. The temptation to retaliate with a slap was very strong. Meanwhile, my other friends were seated around me and looked at me as if to say: "Come on! Show him that you are not afraid of him." It was a very critical moment, because if I had not reacted, my friends would have laughed and that guy would have been inspired to continue to bully. At that moment, however, I thought that this was my chance to live fully the word of the Gospel being sure that forgiveness is not the same as submission. So while everyone expected me to tear into him, I calmly sat down and in my heart I said, "I forgive you." For that guy it was a cold shower because he too had expected a violent reaction. Going down from the metro one of my friends asked me the reason for my behavior and so I was able to explain to him the word of life about forgiveness. The Gospel - I said - is stronger and more effective than any slap!


David, Italy

- - - - - - -

Father Joseph Dwight







No comments:

Post a Comment